It’s not about how much you spend on a gift or how big the gift is, but about the emotions and experiences you create. Check out these 30 time/experience gifts, guaranteed to create memories with your loved ones.
Have you ever received a gift during the holidays that you thought was useless junk? If you said yes, you’re not alone! Last year, an Ipsos poll exclusive to Global News showed that one-quarter of people surveyed said most of the gifts they get during the holidays are useless junk.
How we feel about a gift usually comes from the emotions we get from it. Receiving another coffee cup provides us little emotion or satisfaction while receiving some type of experience can cause a variety of emotions and satisfaction, especially those that leave a lasting memory.
This holiday season consider giving the gift of time/experience and making homemade coupon vouchers for your loved ones – guaranteed to create smiles, build relationships and make memories.
Below are 30 voucher ideas to give to your loved ones.
10 ideas for kids
- Picnic at the park
- Car cleaning – inside and out
- Breakfast in bed
- Personalized chef for the day
- Control of the remote for one evening
- Breakfast for dinner – your choice
- Backyard camping night
- Date night – you pick an activity
- Foot rub
- Day of ‘I Love You’ – every hour list one thing you love about your significant other.
10 ideas for parents
- Sleepover at Grandma’s house
- 1-hour reading time with parent or grandparent
- You pick the supper menu tonight
- Movie night in – your choice
- Pillow and blanket fort building contest
- Game night – your choice
- Stay up 30 minutes past bed time
- Pick one item to add to the grocery cart
- Day of tobogganing
- Day of skating
10 ideas for couples
- 1-hour yard work
- Breakfast in bed
- An evening of babysitting so you can go on a date night
- Folding and putting away all laundry
- Spa day at home
- Cleaning of the bathroom – toilet included
- Parents day off – stay in pajamas all day
- DIY photo album day
- Homemade dinner including serving and kitchen clean up
- Design a scavenger hunt for the whole family
When creating vouchers for the ones you love consider their age, who they are and what their interests are.
This holiday season remember it’s not about the amount you spend on a gift or how big the gift is but about the emotions and experiences you create. Gifts that come from the heart are usually the best gifts of all.
What other gifts of time/experiences ideas do you have or have you given? Share with us in the comments below.
Officially calls Regina her home, but born and raised in south Sask in a small town of about 800 people. Although loves city living, still craves small town living and get my fix by getting to know everyone on my block and always picking the same stores to shop – that way people know your name. #shoplocal and act local…(Full Bio in “Meet The Authors”)
(To read more of my blogs CLICK my name)